Wednesday, July 21, 2010
CARAMEL CORN IN 10 EASY STEPS!
2/3 C unpopped popcorn
1 C REAL butter
2 C light brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 C light corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Spray a LARGE roasting pan with oil.
3. Pop the popcorn and set aside. (I do this with my air-popper and do 1/3 C at a time.)
4. Over medium heat, melt butter.
Stir in brown sugar, salt, and syrup.
Bring to a rolling boil.
5. Boil a full 5 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
(You will lose a plastice spoon if you use one!)
6. Remove from heat and add soda. Stir well.
7. Spray a separate "strring spoon" with oil. (This one can be plastic.)
Put popcorn in prepared pan.
Pour caramel over corn and stir with prepared spoon to coat corn completely.
8. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes (with prepared spoon!).
9. When done baking, pour corn on to counter.
Break into pieces and allow to cool.
This recipe was borrowed from another site... :0)